How to care for Egyptian Cotton Sheets, Duvets, and Pillow Cases?
Protecting your Egyptian Cotton bedding, towels or linens by following the correct washing instructions is important to keep your linens feeling soft for years to come.
Egyptian cotton is the world's finest cotton and the more you use it and wash it the softer it gets.
- Pre-wash your linens before first use.
- Separate your fine linens from other items in the wash, especially those containing polyester, which tend to create pilling.
- Use a mild detergent without added bleach or whiteners.
- Do not pour detergent directly on textiles. Rather, add it to the water as the wash tub fills, or dilute detergent with water, then add linens.
- Unless linens are very soiled, you only need to use half the recommended amount of detergent.
- Avoid overloading the washing machine, which can cause fibers to break down.
- Avoid using fabric softener or drying sheets.
- Avoid using any kind of bleach as it damage the fabric and the color.
- Line drying outdoors is gentle and safe. It also gives linens the fresh scent of the outdoors and the natural bleaching of the sun.
- You can machine dry most linens on low heat, but be sure to check the care label. Shake out damp linens before placing them in the dryer.
- Never use a high heat setting, which is the surest way to weaken the fibers, cause shrinkage and shorten the life of your linens.
- Remove bedding from the dryer promptly while still damp to minimize wrinkles.
- Smooth and fold, or press with an iron if desired.